Change For Children is a fun and easy way to support the patients and families at UW Health’s American Family Children’s Hospital.
From November 4 to 27, The Mix 105.1 FM and American Family Children’s Hospital are teaming up by placing a large coin case at Hilldale Mall near Macy’s. We think of it as Madison’s largest piggy bank.
With Change For Children, you can participate in three ways:
- Bring your spare change to Hilldale Mall and dump it in the case. This is a fun and easy way for kids and families to rid the house of those extra coins that clutter up the house, but will make a big difference to a family with a child in the hospital.
- “Round up” your purchase. Simply round up your purchase at participating merchants to the nearest dollar. We collect the extra change and put it in the case to help hospitalized children. For example, if you round up a $9.25 purchase to $10.00, the extra 75 cents goes in the case. Participating merchants include Metcalfe’s at Hilldale & West Towne Mall, Animart and Fired Up Pottery.
- Make an online donation CLICK HERE. Your gift of any size will go a long way toward helping us fill the case.
- On Wednesday, November 13th - Goodman's Jewelers will be donating 8% of all proceeds to Change For Children
- On Tuesday, November 19th - HJ Pertzborn Plumbing will match all sales made that day and donating the proceeds to Change For Children.
All proceeds from Change For Children support American Family Children’s Hospital’s very popular Child Life program that helps make life in the hospital less scary for kids. Child Life specialists are specially trained to help defuse the fear kids may have during their hospital stay. By speaking in ways that kids understand, Child Life staff members provide great comfort to patients before a procedure or operation through use of distraction, soothing language, games and other therapeutic techniques. This not only reduces a child’s anxiety, but actually helps the healing process move along faster.
Thanks to Hilldale Mall and The Mix 105.1 FM for making Change For Children possible. With your help, things will be even brighter this holiday season for locally hospitalized kids.