When: All Day, Every Day
What: Mix 105.1 wants to help empower the youth of today and inspire bravery. At EVERY Mix 105.1 Event we'll be out at, we will have a pledge for our fans to sign. The pledge says you are willing to take a stand against bullying to help make a kinder, braver world.
We will then take these pledges and post them on the wall of the Mix 105.1 studios to visually represent our stand against bullying. SIGN YOUR PLEDGE NOW!
We were inspired by Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation, which has the similar goal of empowering kids and inspiring bravery. Find out more about the Born This Way Foundation.
Did you know:
* more than 1 in 4 children a year (13 million) experience some form of bullying (as bully, bullied or both)
* research shows that when parents talk to their kids about bullying, their children are more likely to take action to stop bullying
* more than 80% of high school students in the U.S. report that they witness bullying at least once a week according to a national survey released by DoSomething.org
Teach Your kids the 5 Bystander Tips:
- Tell a trusted adult, like a family member, teacher or coach.
- Help the person being bullied get away from the situation.
- Be a friend to the person being bullied.
- Set a good example, do not bully others.
- Don't give bullying an audience.