Slacker & Steve's Blog



Surgery Gone Wrong!

Yi!

A WOMAN STUCK WITH PART OF A DENTIST'S DRILL IN HER LUNG
A woman (in Sweden) ended up with part of a dentist's drill in her right lung after she swallowed it during surgery.
The woman, said to be in her 60s, was having dental implants put in. She was pulled into a sitting position, but it was too late to stop the part from heading south and settling in her right lung.
She had to undergo surgery where a tube was sent into her lung with a small camera and pliers to grab hold of the drill.
A rep for the dentist said that they have new procedures in place to avoid any future problems but he wouldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen again and added, "Unfortunately, drills are going to be dropped every now and then.”

Luckily, the woman is expected to be okay.

Have you had a nightmare surgery? Tell us about it!

Intern
Melinda


Tags :  
Topics : Health_Medical_Pharma
Social :
People : S DRILL




 
01/02/2013 6:03PM
Surgery Gone Wrong!
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
 
Recent Blog Posts
OPP: Speed Therapy
The Bad News Bearers
Prom Mom
Obnoxious Neighbors
OPP: Love Brother's Friend
GMD: This Old House
OPP: Let Go of Friend
Fast Food Follies
Categories
Archives